Microscopic organisms known as extremophiles inhabit some of the last places on Earth you might expect to find life, from the extreme pressures of the ocean floor to freezing ice caps. Understanding how these microbes survive by interacting with different metals and gases is opening up new knowledge about Earth’s elements and their potential uses.
- Discover technology innovation
- Creative Enterprise programme returns for 2021
- Showcase: Seadream Education – Where science and creativity collide to improve the future of education
- Deutsche Bahn and Deutsche Telekom plan seamless mobile network along all tracks
- Phocuswright Europe 2021: Here’s what to expect